Sometimes, simple is best. And this Portabello Breakfast Sandwich recipe is exactly that. If you’re looking for a breakfast that’s superbly simple, still has a touch of gourmet, and a whole bunch of flavour, then this is exactly the recipe you’re looking for!
The ingredients listed below are enough for two gourmet portabello breakfast sandwiches.
- 4 portabello mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed into a paste
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of your favourite bread, lightly toasted
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 XL free-range eggs
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- A handful of fresh rocket
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and place mushrooms on a rack on top of a baking tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, balsamic and garlic. Season to taste.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing.
- While the mushrooms are baking, fry two eggs until done to your liking. Season generously.
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Mash the sundried tomatoes with a fork using a little of their vinaigrette to get to a spreadable consistency.
- To assemble the sandwiches, generously spread the slices of bread with sundried tomatoes on one side and mustard on the other.
- Top with the rocket, bacon, fried egg and sliced mushrooms.
- Add the remaining slices of bread and serve immediately.
Simple and delicious.
Portabello Breakfast Sandwich Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.