This week we’re featuring a delicious Mushroom Laksa recipe, filled with immune-boosting ingredients like mushrooms, ginger, and lime, as well as a host of other delicious vegetables.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 750ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 500g baby button mushrooms
- 200g cooked vermicelli noodles
- Spring onion, sliced chilli, basil & coriander.
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 red Thai chillies or similar
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely grated
- Handful fresh coriander
- 3cm piece fresh turmeric, grated
- 4 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- One tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
If you would like to make this super quickly, you can also use store-bought laksa paste.
- To make the laksa paste, cook the ginger and garlic in the vegetable oil until fragrant.
- Then add the cooked ginger and garlic along with all the other ingredients to a small food processor. Process until the mixture forms a paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and cook, stirring, for 6–8 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and allow to reduce slightly. Add the lime leaves and mushrooms and simmer until the mushrooms are tender. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Divide the noodles between small bowls and top with the laksa.
- Top with the coriander, basil, spring onion and chilli to serve.
Want more mushroom recipes? Try these:
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We’ve recently completed recipe collaborations with Ciao Gusto (Vegan Lasagna), Sous Chef (Vegan Banoffee Pie, Butter Bean Dip, South-East Asian Chicken Stew) and Buy Whole Foods Online (Mince Pies, Amaretto Date Balls, Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour Cake).
Also check out our full Recipes Archive.