Marbled Turmeric & Beetroot Butterbean Hummus Recipe
We recently partnered with Buy Whole Foods Online to try a variety of their products – and have created a series of beautiful recipes for you try at home. Previously we featured a delicious Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour cake, with pistachio, almond, and rose petal garnishing, and this week we’re giving you this marbled turmeric & beetroot butterbean hummus recipe. Enjoy!
- 1x can of butter beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 lemons juiced depending on size (zest for garnishing)
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper, garlic flakes, onion granules to season
- 35g of tahini (split into 15g and 20g)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 10g tamarind paste
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 10g sunflower seed butter (see recipe here)
- 2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 150 ml water – use to achieve smooth consistency adding bit by bit.
- Drain butterbeans and wash them until there is no more foaming.
- Place the butterbeans, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic clove, salt and spices in the food processor and blend until desired smooth consistency. About 5 minutes (depending on food processor).
- Remove half of the mixture and set aside in a bowl.
- Add 20g of tahini, ginger, tamarind paste, honey and turmeric and blend until combined, slowly adding water bit by bit for smooth consistency. Set aside in a bowl. Turmeric Hummus a voila!
- Now add the other half of the mixture to the food processor, along with 15g tahini, sunflower seed butter and beetroot powder. Blend until combined, slowly adding water for smooth consistency. Beetroot Hummus a voila!
- Whichever batch is more will be the base of the marbled hummus. Add the other batch and alternate between the 2, creating circle blobs until empty and give it a slight swirl or get creative 🙂 However, don’t combine too much otherwise the flavours mix (which is also yum!).
- Enjoy your creamy dips with anything from bread, veggies, crackers, flapjacks, etc.
Key ingredients sponsored by Buy Wholefoods Online, with images and Marbled Turmeric & Beetroot Butterbean Hummus recipe developed by @delishkass. For more I Love Foodies recipes, check out our recipes archive here.