Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour Cake Recipe
(with pistachio/almond and rose petals garnishing)
We recently partnered with Buy Whole Foods Online to try a variety of their products – and have created a series of beautiful recipes for you try at home. First Up: This delicious Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour cake, with pistachio, almond, and rose petal garnishing.
- 150g oat flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 75g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30g pistachios for garnishing
- 5g dried rose petals for garnishing (depending on preference)
- 1 lemon
- 70g raw honey(as above)
- 100ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease a cake pan with margarine/butter and sprinkle with flour or cinnamon.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy dough. Add the honey and the cinnamon and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and un-mould on to a plate. Let cool completely.
- Make honey drizzle. Combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to boil and slowly let simmer until reduced and syrup like. Add hot honey drizzle to cooled cake to increase flavour and moisture or cold drizzle to hot cake (better and faster absorption). Let it absorb for 10-15mins and then sprinkle with dried rose petals and roasted pistachios.