The World’s Healthiest National Dishes
I recently read a few interesting statistics on the world’s healthiest and delicious national dishes in a survey published by Hayes & Jarvis. They’ve considered recommended amounts of sugars, fats, carbs, salts, and calories to compile a list of the ‘healthiest’ nations and the top healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
Personally, I’m not sure I agree 100% with all of these – I mean, French Toast as a healthy breakfast? – but they’re interesting nonetheless and I do love a good survey. I’ve summarised the top bits below, but you can check out the full survey here.
According to the survey, these are the nations with the top healthiest dishes and the top breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
Countries with the Healthiest National Foods
- Sri Lanka
Top Healthy Breakfast Dishes and Respective Country
- Grilled Sweet & Sour Chicken – Hong Kong
- Smoked Marlin – Mauritius
- Zucchini Fritters – Australia
- French Toast – Canada
- Avena – Peru
- This is a beverage prepared with stewed oatmeal, milk, water, cinnamon, clove and sugar
Top Healthy Lunch Dishes and Respective Country
- Masala Dosa – India
- Samosa – Maldives
- Sukiyaki – Japan
- A traditional hot pot dish
- Fanesca – Ecuador
- Soup made with bacalao or dry salted cob, squash, fava beans, chochos, corn, peas, porotos, fresh beans, onion, rice , garlic, cumin, achiote, peanuts, milk, cream, and cheese
- Pastel De Choclo – Chile
- A beef and corn casserole
Top Healthy Dinner Dishes and Respective Country
- Kumara Fritters – New Zealand
- Maqluba – Oman
- Dish made with rice, meat, and fried vegetables
- St Viateur Bagel – Canada
- This is an actual bagel shop. Interesting, right?
- Chicken Chow Mein – China
- Hyderabadi Chicken Biriyani – India
Comments, suggestions, insights? I’m curious to hear what you think. I’ll be over here eating French Toast for breakfast 😉
Article Date: February 2019
MISSED OUR LAST ARTICLE? IT’S A VEGAN PASTA & FRIED COURGETTE RECIPE.
All information correct at time of publication. We do not accept any liability caused by errors, including, but not limited to, changes in price, menu, opening times, address, or other contact details.