This week for our Sarah Graham Food Safari recipe, we’ll be sharing one of our personal favourites from the show: A grilled fish recipe, served with a Rainbow Salad and Asian Dressing. Yummy! For previous Sarah Graham recipe features, check out last week’s Cinnamon Milk Tarts or the delicious Pork Belly Recipe!
Grilled Fish Recipe
With Rainbow Salad and Asian Dressing
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 x 150g trout fillets
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 1 small bulb fennel, stalks removed
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 2 apples or pears, cored
- Handful fresh sprouts
- Handful salted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp each of chopped fresh mint and basil (or coriander)
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 2 limes (about 3 Tbsp, or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1–2 tsp fish sauce
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Place the fish fillets in an ovenproof dish and drizzle over the honey, soy sauce and ginger. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through and the flesh flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish cooks, prepare the salad ingredients by shredding in a food processor, then add to a large serving bowl.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and adjust according to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently, making sure the salad ingredients are well coated.
- Remove the fish from the oven and squeeze over the lime juice just before serving.
There you go, a super simple grilled fish recipe that promises amazing flavours! For more about Sarah Graham and her Food Safari show, visit the official website here.