Vegan Sago Creme Brulee Recipe
Last week we presented a little Green Monday treat with the Vegan Pancake Recipe, so we’re staying on the sweet treat train. This week we’re looking at this Vegan Sago Creme Brulee recipe. Coz, honestly, what could be better?
- 2 litres almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup unrefined brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 3 tablespoons sugar for the top
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup sago
- Combine almond milk, coconut cream, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a pot and heat up.
- When hot, but not boiling, add sago and reduce the heat slightly.
- Simmer for 2 -3 minutes till translucent, and thicker (about 20 mins).
- Once it is dense, remove from heat and cool for 5 mins.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Scoop in bowls, sprinkle the rest of the sugar on top and caramelise with a blowtorch.