Green Monday Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
Last week our Green Monday recipe introduced you to some amazing chickpea pasta. But going meat-free can be hard if you’re not used to it – and we know you need more recipes to stick to your Green Monday pledge! Check out this delicious Banana Bread recipe.
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c unrefined cane sugar
- 1/2 c dark brown sugar (treacle)
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 3/4 t salt
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- 1/2 c plain soy/vegan milk
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 2 c mashed ripe banana (about 4)
- 1/4 c sunflower oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract/paste
- 1Turn oven on to 180°
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together milk and cider vinegar and stand for 2 min. Add rest of wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, do not overmix.
- Bake for an hour.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack and enjoy!
Simple and delicious, as any Vegan Banana Bread should be. Check back next week for more!
Recipe by Wilma Tarr Saute for HSI/Africa. Recipe and photo courtesy of Humane Society International, Africa.