Vegan Cashew Cream Cheesecake Recipe
This week for Green Monday, we’re looking at a deliciously sweet treat: a Vegan Cashew Cream Cheesecake Recipe!!! What could be better than that? This recipe makes 12 mini cheesecakes.
Don’t forget that you can browse through our full Vegan Archives here.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw nuts, I use walnuts or almonds
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 4 hours to overnight
- 1/3 coconut oil, melted
- 5.4 fl. Oz. can of coconut cream (about ½ cup + 2 Tbsp)
- ½ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Extra flavouring:
- Chocolate = add 5 Tbsp cocoa powder to filling and ½ cup crushed dairy-free chocolate chips for the topping
- Blueberry = add 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (or use blueberry jam) to the filling + whole blueberries for the topping
- Make the crust first. Place cupcake papers in 12-slot muffin pan.
- Add pitted dates to a food processor and mix until it is ground and forms a ball. Remove the dates from food processor and set aside.
- Add nuts to the food processor and mix until fully ground. Add the dates back in and blend until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Place a heaping spoonful of crust mixture to each cupcake paper and press with fingers.
- Place pan in freezer while you make the filling.
- In a blender, add the filling ingredients. Blend on high until silky smooth.
- If flavouring with blueberry, add the blueberries to the blender and mix until smooth. Or, add blueberries (or blueberry jam) to plain cheesecakes in the pan and swirl in.
- For chocolate cheesecakes, add the cocoa powder to the blended mixture and swirl in crushed chocolate chips once poured into cheesecakes.
- Pour cheesecake filling into cupcake tin, dividing evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and place into freezer until completely set—about 4-6 hours.
- Enjoy frozen or remove from freezer for 10-15 minutes to allow cheesecakes to thaw before eating.