Vegan Black Bean Burrito Recipe
This week for Green Monday, we’re looking at this delicious Vegan Black Bean Burrito recipe. It’s quick, easy, and simple to make, and perfect for any time of day or day of the week. Don’t forget to check out our full Vegan Archives too!
- 1 can (450g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salsa
- 1 cup (225g) cooked brown rice
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup (225g) shredded leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1 tomato, diced
- Combine the black beans, salsa, and rice in a saucepan and simmer gently for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for five minutes.
- In an un-greased skillet, heat a tortilla until warm and soft, then spread a line of the bean mixture down the centre.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, and more salsa, if desired.
- Roll the tortilla around the filling, then repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Recipe courtesy of Compassion Over Killing through HSI Africa.Photo by Michelle Riley/The HSUS.