Leftovers? Not a problem! These delicious protein- and veggie-packed muffin frittata are so versatile, and using a muffin tin makes them the perfect snacking option. What’s more – they are a great way to get kids or those fussy non-veggie friends to eat some healthy greens. Also a great breakfast, mid-morning snack or post-workout option!
- Makes 12
- Gluten-free / Sugar-free / Vegetarian
- 8 eggs
- Herbs of choice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups assorted veggies, finely chopped (red peppers, peas, sweet potato, baby marrows, and carrots)
- Sprinkling of feta or cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a muffin tray. You can also use cupcake holders to prevent sticking.
- Beat the eggs and add salt, pepper and dried herbs.
- Pre-steam all the veggies, except the spinach and onion.
- Fry onion in coconut oil until cooked.
- Sauté spinach for max 1 minute until it reduces in size.
- Combine all the veggies well and spoon into muffin tin, dividing equally.
- Pour the eggs over (it doesn’t have to cover all the ingredients as it will rise slightly).
- Sprinkle with feta cheese or cheddar (optional).
- Pop into the oven for approx. 15 – 20 minutes. Turn oven to grill for the last 2 minutes (gives them a nice crunch on top).
- To check if they are ready, wobble the tray slightly. Muffins should be firm in the middle.
- Remove frittatas and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy 🙂
See, these muffin frittata are simple to make and absolutely yummy! For more Finding Frost recipes, visit the official website here.