How to make fish cakes, that is the question. Fish cakes are a staple in many households – and they’re surprisingly easy to make. In this article, we’ll share a delicious fish cake recipe with you.
You can make this recipe with or without the pan-fried button mushrooms. Recipe serves 4.
- 250g fish, steamed and flaked
- 250g button mushrooms, chopped and pan-fried
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 small potato, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 egg
- 15ml sweet chilli sauce
- Oil for frying
- 50ml Greek yoghurt
- 20ml mayonnaise
- 10ml lemon juice
- Lemon to serve
- In a bowl, mix the fish, mushrooms, onion, potato, egg, and sweet chilli sauce together. Season with salt and pepper. Form cakes with your hands and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cakes on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- Place onto kitchen towelling to drain.
- In a small bowl mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice together.
- Serve the fish cakes with the sauce and the fresh lemon.
Tip: Always use reputable fisheries that use fish that is sustainable. Never use fish off the red and orange lists of endangered species. For more information, visit WWF.
Want more delicious seafood recipes? Try these:
Fish Cake Notes
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We can recommend our Vegan Lasagna, Vegan Banoffee Pie, South-East Asian Chicken Stew, and Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour Cake.
Also check out our full Recipes Archive.