To continue our healthy treats, we’re giving you a delicious Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe that’s both gluten-free and dairy-free! As before, essential ingredients are sponsored by Buy Whole Foods Online and recipes are I Love Foodies originals created by Delish Kass.
Ther are three parts to this recipe: the crust, the apple sauce, and the pie filling.
- 200g pecans
- 2 tbsp dark molasses
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 4 tbsp spiced apple sauce (see below for recipe)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add apple sauce, sugar, vanilla, raw cocoa, maple syrup, and molasses to the saucepan on medium heat, stir and cook until sugar dissolved and well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs. When cooked and the mixture is still warm but not hot, add whisked eggs, and pecans. Mix well and pour into pie shell. If you have a pie crust shield, add it to the rim to protect the crust from over-browning or burning.
- Bake at 180 degrees on centre oven shelf 1 hour or until centre is set. Let pie cool completely.
- 1kg apples
- 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 piece star anise
- 1/2 tbsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cloves
- Maple syrup
- Peel and dice chopped apples.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot; bring to boil. Reduce to medium heat until apples break down.
- Add maple syrup and adjust according to your sweet liking.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-6 tbsp water as needed
- In a large bowl, mix oat flour, sugar, and salt
- Stir in olive oil until you get a crumbly texture
- Add cold water as needed until dough is moist but not sticky
- Press into pie plate
- Add filling and bake according to pie directions
- Pre-bake crust – preheat 190 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes
Missed the last recipe? It’s one for Amaretto Date Balls! We’ve got one more Buy Whole Foods Online recipe coming up – and one that is perfect for Christmas! You won’t want to miss it!