There are many things you could eat for breakfast. But if you’re looking for something to spice up your breakfast routine, then this breakfast tacos recipe may just be what you need.
Recipe makes 2 large tacos.
- 1 cup baby button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed & drained
- ½ cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp Mexican/taco spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ⅛ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small fresh chilli, finely sliced
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh lime wedges, for serving
- Fry mushrooms in a drizzle of olive oil until golden brown. Season with salt, pepper and taco spice. Add black beans and corn and stir together until hot and the flavours have mixed. Set aside and keep warm.
- Scramble eggs in simmering butter until done to your liking. Season. Keep warm.
- Prep the rest of your taco toppings.
- Toast your flour tortillas over a gas burner using tongs until charred on the edges and warm throughout. If you do not have a gas hob toast the tortillas in a dry pan until warm.
- Assemble the tacos by layering with the scrambled eggs, mushroom, bean and corn mix, fresh avocado, tomatoes, red onion and chilli.
- Squeeze over some lime juice and serve.
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? Try these:
Breakfast Tacos Notes
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We can recommend our Vegan Lasagna, Vegan Banoffee Pie, South-East Asian Chicken Stew, and Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour Cake.
Also check out our full Recipes Archive.