10 Ten Things To Do At Wacky Wine 2018
Wacky Wine 2018 is literally around the corner (whooop), so we’ll be sharing some special things with you. This week we’ve got some basic tidbits of top ten things you can do at Wacky Wine this year. And next week we’ve got an awesome competition for you where you stand the chance of winning two weekend passes!!!! So check out your to-dos below and check back next week for competition time!
- Savour award winning wines and sample sublime vintages through cellar tours, barrel tastings, pairings, and interactive tastings by exceptional winemakers.
- Discover your inner winemaker and blend your own unique wine creation or disgorge your own bottle of Methode Cap Classique.
- Join master wine tasting classes presented by the Cape Wine Academy for the adventurous, novice, or advanced wine connoisseur.
- Experience the intricate winemaking process and discover the story behind the bottle.
- A diverse variety of wine pairings will be on offer and festival goers can explore historical underground cellars, boutique wine farms, and family-owned estates.
- Join the Funduro with a motorbike race for the whole family.
- Breathe in the fresh country air with local hikes in the valley.
- Bring your mountain bike along for a scenic MTB challenge through the vineyards with magnificent mountain views.
- Create a family picnic basket by selecting from an array of local olives, cheeses, handmade artisan charcuterie, and preserves from the delis.
- Take a relaxing boat cruise down the Breede River.
- Enjoy lawn games and giant chess.
- Unleash your inner cowboy with a mechanical bull ride.
- Visit the biggest red chair in Africa.
- Stroll through a flag labyrinth that paints a picture of the world.
Romantic at Heart
- Book a candlelight wine tasting in underground cellars or a wine pairing with music and art.
- Embark on a romantic river cruise with a picnic basket and a bottle of wine.
- Seal your love at the love lock wall.
- Enjoy an evening of dinner and dance under the stars.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the vineyards.
- Book a relaxing massage.
- Enjoy quality time with a glass of award winning red wine by the fireplace.
- Indulge in delicious Winemaker’s Dinners from Braai and Wine experiences to Dinner in The Vines.
- Enjoy farm-style breakfasts, fresh produce and family recipe dishes.
- Warm up with hearty soups, roosterkoeke and potjies.
- Taste award winning olive oil and olives with freshly baked bread.
- Mouth-watering food and wine pairings will be on offer to tickle your taste buds – from citrus delights, local preserves and chocolate to soup and wine pairings.
- Celebrate with Methode Cap Classique and oysters as well as locally crafted brandies and liqueurs.
Satisfy Your Wanderlust
- Join in on a panoramic terroir tractor adventure to the top of the hills.
- Embark on a 4×4 safari vineyard and farm tour through pomegranate groves and vineyards to the top of the mountain overlooking the valley.
- Explore the recently discovered Muscat caves.
Embrace Country Life
The winemakers will throw open their barn doors for tourists to #TasteTheLifestyle. Get down to earth with picnics, farm tours and tractor rides. Remember your boots!
Road Tripping on Route 62
Head out to the country and enjoy the simple pleasures in life with a road trip along Route 62. The perfect excuse for a family getaway or road trip with friends.
Robertson Wine Valley supports the use of wine in a responsible manner and has partnered with transport companies to give you options for the weekend to taste responsibly. Book transport in advance or book a taxi on the weekend. You can make use of the day in and out shuttles, book your own personal driver to take you around over the weekend using your car, or book a local taxi service. For a full list of options, including train trips and designated drivers, visit the festival website.
Pay it Forward
Thunderchild is a local wine blend produced by wineries in the valley as part of their contribution to Die Herberg orphanage. 100% of the profit of Thunderchild sales are donated to the orphanage to help fund the education of the children. You can make a difference in a child’s future at no cost to you. For each coupon used during Wacky Wine Weekend, Robertson Wine Valley will donate money towards the Thunderchild project.
When, Where, How
Wacky Wine takes place from 31 May – 3 June 2018 in the Robertson Wine Valley. Tickets are available at Webtickets at R200 per person, and include wine glass, 6 wine tasting coupons per winery and a bottle of Healthy Mineral Water. For more information, visit the official Wacky Wine website here.
Article provided by Wacky Wine. Edited by I Love Foodies.
(We haven’t been at Wacky Wine since 2016 – but you can check back to what we thought here).